Click Here for Pg 1b, details on year round open houses
in Danville & Frackville
in Danville & Frackville
A. About This Page
- This is the Track2 RailNet "Shows Blog". It contains dates for A FEW Fall 2008 Model Railroad shows in the Williamsport, Pa vicinity.
- The Track2 RailNet 'main website' at Track2.com/pa has additional links to Club Contacts, Photos, Vendors, etc.
- See also Section "D. Other Show Info" at bottom of page; regarding finding dates for shows OUTSIDE the Williamsport area.
Sat Sept 20
- MILTON, 9 am-1 pm. // Milton Model Train Museum O-Gauge RR, Milton Moose Family Center, 139 S. Front Street in Milton, 2nd floor. // Milton 'TIME' organization, 570-742-7000 (TIME Events Calendar)
- TAMAQUA, 8 am-3 pm. // Tamaqua Train Show & Swap Meet; at The Tamaqua Salvation Army Building, 105 W Broad Street, Tamaqua, PA 18252 (1 block west of the train station). // $3. Bill Dale 570-952-4378, or Mike Ranck 570-645-9133
- MONTOURSVILLE (Williamsport), 9 am-3 pm. // W.B. Griggs Train Show & Sale; at W.B. Griggs Coffee Store, 707 Clair Road, Montoursville (across from WalMart, at Exit #21 "Rt 87/Montoursville" on the I-180 Beltway. // $2. Larry Keller 570-323-4879, Guy Nichols 570-322-1529, Bob Morrison 570-494-0390.
- LEHIGHTON, 9 am-3 pm. // Carbon Model Railroad Society's 4th Annual Fall Train Meet; at Lehighton Area Middle School Gym, 301 Beaver Run Road, Lehighton, PA 18235. // $4. Info 610-826-6636 between 6-9 pm. [Click here to open or download pdf flyer]
- LOCK HAVEN (Mill Hall), 9 am-3 pm. // Clinton Central MRC Annual Fall Train Meet; at Mill Hall Volunteer Fire Company, Water Street at Peale Avenue, Rt 64, in Mill Hall. // $3. Jim Hill 570-726-6826 .
- MONTOURSVILLE (Williamsport), 9 am-3 pm. // Train Show & Sale; at Montour Fire Company Social Hall , Montoursville (1/2 mile South of WalMart, at Exit #21 "Rt 87/Montoursville" on the I-180 Beltway. // $2. Larry Keller 570-323-4879, Guy Nichols 570-322-1529, Bob Morrison 570-494-0390.
- WILLIAMSPORT, Noon-4 pm both days. // Toy Train Expo; at Park Place, 800 West Fourth St in Williamsport. // Multi-Gauge Operating Layouts (no sales tables). Will Huffman, 570-326-3019.
- Twin Tiers NTRAK club will have a small
layout at this event; three modules and two
turnarounds (about 22 feet).
- HUMMELS WHARF, Fri-Sat 10 am-10 pm, Sun 10 am-3 pm. // Loose Ties MRC; at SW corner of Boscov's in Susquehanna Valley Mall, Rt 15, Shamokin Dam. // Multi-Gauge (N, HO, O, S, & G) modular display, see LooseTies.com. Jeff Johnstonbaugh, 570-473-7973.
- UNIVERSITY PARK (State College), Sat 10 am-6 pm, Sun 11 am-4 pm. // // Penn State Model Railroad Club Open House, in Room 10 in the basement of Pinchot Hall, University Park. // See Flyer for more info // See Map Page for Location & Contact Info or Bob Myrick, 814.867.7311.
- LINDEN (Williamsport), 9 am-3 pm. // Whistle Stop Train Show & Sale; at Woodward Fire Hall, Rt. 220, Linden. // $3. Jim Stabley 326-4280. [View The Flyer]
- LEWISBURG, Fri-Sat 9 am-8:30 pm, Sun 9 am-3 pm. // Loose Ties MRC ; at Susquehanna Valley Visitors Bureau (next to Country Cupboard on Rt. 15 north of Lewisburg). // Multi-Gauge (N, HO, O, S, & G) modular display, see LooseTies.com. Jeff Johnstonbaugh, 570-473-7973.
- WILLIAMSPORT, Sun 2 pm-6 pm // Open House at the superdetailed HO Dagus & Rockwood layout; at Cletus Waldman's residence at 929 Poplar St in Williamsport.
* An RSVP is not required. Children are welcome, but must be supervised at all times. // Cletus & Francis Waldman, 570-322-9869.
* Click Here for map & directions
* Railroad's website is at DagusAndRockwood.com
* Click here to view the Quicktime video slideshow
C. Multi-Weekend Open Houses
- Hazleton: Anthracite MRC HO layout - Open various days Thur 11/27 thru Sun 1/04/09.
See AMRS 'Events' page for days & times.
- Lock Haven: Clinton Central MRC HO layout - Open Tue 12/16, 6 pm-9 pm; Sat 12/20, 11 am-5 pm; Sun 12/21, 11 am-5 pm; Tue 12/30 6 pm-9 pm. // Large DCC layout with sound-equipped engines, plus food to purchase. For more info call Phil Micklitsch, 570-745-2201 (Club has no website of its own.) [directions]
- Milton: Milton Model Train Museum O gauge layout - Open, Saturdays & Sundays, from Sat 12/6 thru Sun 12/28.
Specific dates and times are listed on the Museum's page at MiltonModelTrainMuseum.org.
- Shamokin: Lower Anthracite MRC HO layout - Open various days Sat 12/6 thru Fri 12/26.
Specific dates are listed toward the bottom of the Anthracite Club's Home Page.
- Wilkes-Barre (Hudson): Hudson MRC HO layout - Open various days Sat 11/29 thru Sun 1/4/09.
See Hudson Club's Open House Schedule page for days & times.
- Every weekend all year: Danville & Frackville O gauge layouts - see Page 2 "Year Round Open Houses" for details
- Some of the "further-away" club's open houses have not been tabulated since 2004, but you can use the 2003 December Open House Calendar or the 2004 Shows Calendar as a rough guide. Most of these clubs now have their own websites with the open house dates.
- You can also use the Trains.com/Model Railroader list of Pennsylvania Open Houses , or you can also use MI Trains' Shows sorted by state to find lots more shows and open houses.